Prince is 18 months old.
He has been training to be a service dog since he was 5 weeks old.
He went through a fear period 2 months ago and is now uncomfortable in the big box stores.
I do not want him to be an unhappy boy so I have made the decision to sell him as a companion/pet dog.
Commands he has learned to date.
- Get it, Bring it and Give it (picking up and bringing items to you)
- Busy, Go Busy or Go Potty- For potty
- Settle- Lies on side with head on the floor.... (read more)
- Heal - walks on the left side
- Side- walks on the right side
- Walks with loose leash.
- In- Getting into a vehicle
- Out- Getting out of a vehicle
- Stay- The dog should not move until you return to the dog and release them. The dog may relax and even go to sleep for a long stay. Never call a dog from a stay. (Do not use come on this command)
-Wait -The dog remains in a Wait where you left them until you give the next cue like Come. The dog should be watching you and ready to move when given the cue. Wait cue is used for the Recall. Waits are usually between a few seconds to three or four minutes but not much longer.
- Off - If the dog jumps on you, use the word off. Off is also used if the dog jumps onto any furniture you do not want him on. Prince has not jumped on anyone since he was little.
- Tug- Pulls on tug.
- Touch -mostly round flat items (Tupperware covers used during training).
- Nudge- uses nose to push at your hand or an object.
- Look - Looks at me
- Visit -Puts head in my lap to be pet.
- Leave it - to ignore food or other dogs
Commands he is currently learning:
- Back-walking backwards
- Touch the bell when he wants to go outside and potty.
- Started diabetic scent training
Weight - 50 lbs
05/22/12 heartworm, lyme, ehrlichiosis and anaplasmosis all negative.
Up to date on shots.
Prince is crate trained. (eats his meal in the crate too)
Prince has been trained for an underground fence.
Prince has not been allowed to be on any furniture or bed. He has a dog bed on the floor next to our bed.
Prince has been trained to not counter surf or dig in the trash. Note: trash training was in the bathroom as my kitchen garbage is behind a cupboard door, however when it is opened he does not go into it.
Exposures - Big and Small dogs, Babies, Ladies, Men, People Using Walkers and Wheelchairs, Teens, Toddlers, Different Floor Surfaces, Elevator, Lawn Mowers, Rain, Thunder & Lightning, Lake, Parking Lots, Shopping Carts, Stairs, Traffic, Tractor, 4 Wheeler, Police Sirens, Riding in a Car, Van and Truck
Public Places - Inside an office, Fast Food Restaurants, Sit Down Restaurants, Farmers Market, Grocery Stores, Wallmart, Target, Nursing Home, Bowling Alley, Hospital, Menards, Beauty Salon, Pet Stores, Veterinary Clinic, Dog Park and Dentist Office.
Serious inquires only please.
Avoid Scams and Fraud -
Potential areas of fraud: wire transfer, moneygrams, money orders, cashier checks, shipping, escrow, "transaction protection", "guarantee". Check out the Buyer Safety section for more info.